Nurse Practitioners (in-home assessments)
Location: Riverside, California US
Job Number: 1577
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
In this role, you will conduct in-home health assessments on a panel of enrolled Medicare Advantage members within the Riverside County. While the average visit is 45-60 minutes, the nature of the home visit will vary and visit frequency will based on the member’s acuity level (i.e., weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc.).
Primary Responsibilities: (May include but not limited to)
- Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. The In-Home Assessment includes:
- Past medical history
- Review of symptoms
- Physical examination
- Medication review
- Cognitive/Depression screenings
- Provide patient education, emphasizing importance of consistent monitoring of health needs, and recommending community resources
- Facilitate patient empowerment and quality of life by promoting educated, independent patient choice on all aspects of care
- Responsible for checking vitals, BMI, conducting a physical exam that includes urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
- Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
- Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
- Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
- Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
- Must have active Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant state license
- Must have active Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Board Certification
- Must have CPR Certification
- Must have valid state driver license and automobile insurance
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- Experience in gerontology, adult care
- Home care or home visit experience
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills with seniors
- Computer literate and able navigate the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Dependable and reliable
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Riverside
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Nurse Practitioners (in-home assessments)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.