Deputy General Counsel
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1600
Position Title: Deputy General Counsel
- MA experience, with 7 – 10+ years of experience but will consider a high potential with 5 years of experience.
- Medicare experience is required.
- Strong background in general healthcare transactional and regulatory matters with an emphasis on the managed care industry. Knowledge of the business operations, contractual relationships and regulatory landscape of Medicare Advantage health plans preferred.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Strategic Legal Counseling. Serve as a resource to Company leadership, providing clear, succinct, and “actionable” legal and tactical advice that reflects an understanding of pertinent operational issues and supports initiatives to advance the Company’s business strategy and objectives.
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation. Provide strategic analysis on the structuring of business transactions, including available alternatives and associated risks. Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of transactional documents, including joint venture, strategic alliance and collaboration agreements, professional, institutional and ancillary healthcare provider agreements, purchase and sale agreements, vendor agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements and term sheets. Represent the Company in disputes and/or negotiations arising from contractual relationships and/or performance.
- Regulatory Compliance. Analyze and provide legal guidance on a wide range of regulatory compliance matters, including the interpretation and implementation of new legislation. Prepare filings with State and Federal regulatory agencies, including applications for State HMO/Insurance licensure, CMS contracts and service area expansions. Partner with Company Compliance Officer to resolve and investigate compliance concerns. Build and maintain key regulatory relationships related to matters that primarily affect the Company’s business. Represent the company on legal issues arising from regulatory investigations, subpoenas, or external audits.
- External Representation. Represent the Company’s legal interests by interfacing with opposing counsel and State and Federal regulatory agencies on issues having significant impact on company operations and/or finances. Support internal clients in managing communications with external parties in areas of conflict.
Reports to General Counsel
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Deputy General Counsel
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.