Bilingual (Spanish/English) Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Location: Stockton, California US
Job Number: 1471
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
THIS POSTING IS FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES ONLY:
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant NEW GRADS WELCOME!
Relocation or Sign on bonus may be offered!
As a leader in the care of older adults, we are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) who enjoys managing complex patients in a collaborative, highly coordinated home-based setting. The provider will work closely with physicians, advanced practice providers, social workers, case managers, nutritionists, and other members of our health care team, as well as participate in multidisciplinary conferences that focus on the most high risk members. He/she will have access to advanced technology, including an innovative, patient-friendly home monitoring system, Epic EMR, and a proprietary decision support tool that synthesizes data from a variety of sources into actionable alerts that drive care.
Our innovative clinical model values clinician time and judgment over more traditional measures of productivity. A typical day will consist of 5-6 home visits in San Joaquin County, CA. Home based care hours are M-F 8:00-5:00pm.
Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include medical, dental, 401K retirement plan, malpractice, short-term and long-term disability. PTO and CME stipend are also included.
- Conduct in-home assessments (with some outpatient clinical work) on health plan members.
- In-Home Assessments will include obtaining comprehensive history, physical exam, medication review, and appropriate cognitive/depression/safety screenings.
- Comfort with End-of-life care discussions imperative.
- Laboratory specimen collection in the home setting when appropriate.
- Identify diagnoses to be used in active medical management and care management of patients with focus on chronic disease management.
- Communicate findings of the patient assessment to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care.
- Provide patient/family/caretaker education, with an emphasis on close monitoring and follow up of patient needs.
- Emphasis on knowledge of appropriate community resources for referral.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI).
- Active California state license as a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Active Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Board Certification
- Current BLS Certification
- Active DEA license
- Medicare Part D Prescriber
- NPI number
- Valid California driver license and current automobile insurance
- Knowledge of current clinical standards of care
- Computer literacy/EMR proficiency
- Ability to work independently
- At least one (1) year prior clinical experience
- Experience in care of older adult (geriatric) patients
- Home care experience
- Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
- Effective communication skills especially with older adults
- Previous EPIC experience preferred but not required
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Stockton
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Bilingual (Spanish/English) Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.