Clinical Data Scientist
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1414
Position Title: Clinical Data Scientist
Clinical Data Scientist:
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), our Data Science team is looking for the best and brightest clinical data scientists with strong educational background in healthcare fields and exceptional analytical skills. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
This position will play a key role in uncovering deep insights from data using advanced machine learning technologies and statistical analysis, processing very large data sets using cloud-based data pipelines, variety of analytic tools, visualizations and delivering actionable healthcare insights & solutions.
Problems you will work on every day will include:
- Collaborate with key business leaders to understand their business problems and translate them into well-defined analytical solutions with measurable business metrics.
- Build end-to-end data science solutions which will improve healthcare outcomes and reduce the cost for our members.
- Develop conversational AI solutions to improve healthcare experience of our members.
- Build customer segmentation models to better understand our customers, and tailor the clinical outcome and healthcare care experience for them.
- Develop scalable and efficient modeling algorithms that can work in production systems.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to build end-to-end cloud based machine learning production pipelines.
- Design and implement online experiments and experimental frameworks
- Masters in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or related field.
- 2+ years relevant experience in predictive and prescriptive modeling and analysis for various healthcare problems.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in working with various structured and unstructured healthcare related data sources.
- Demonstrated working experience with HEDIS, CMS Stars and Risk adjustment processes.
- Excellent communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Experience in building end to end data science solutions and applying machine learning methods to real world problems with measurable outcomes.
- Familiarity with various machine learning algorithms, including deep neural networks, natural language and outlier detection methods.
- Strong programming skills in one of the statistical or analytical programming tools: SAS, R, Python
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, turning complex analysis into insight.
- Experience in setting experimental analytics frameworks or strategies for complex scenarios.
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Experience with manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality and unstructured data from varying sources
- PhD in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or related field
- Hands-on experience in building Machine Learning models.
- Published work in academic conferences or industry circles.
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in an agile, dynamic startup environment
- Orange, California
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Data Scientist
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.