Public Relations Specialist
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1402
Position Title: Public Relations Specialist
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a full-time Public Relations Specialist to join its corporate public relations team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing Strategy & Public Relations in Orange, CA, the incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day public relations, communications and social media activities — including government, media and community relations — in order to meet Alignment’s brand and reputational goals.
The Public Relations Specialist is someone who can write well, build relationships and serve as a media liaison for Alignment Healthcare as needed. The incumbent will be a team player, working closely with Alignment’s clinical and sales teams, who can manage multiple projects effectively under deadline. Journalism, digital communications and/or health care experience are strongly preferred. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Alignment Healthcare, founded in 2013, partners with top-quality health care systems and Medicare Advantage insurers across the country in order to provide health care that is more convenient and coordinated, and that results in improved outcomes. As an employee of Alignment Healthcare, you will be part of a dynamic and fast-growing health services company dedicated to improving the quality of health care of seniors.
(May include but are not limited to)
● Create content for Alignment Healthcare marketing communications vehicles, including blog, media kits, multimedia, publications, social media, videos, websites and other channels
● Manage corporate social media accounts and track channel performance, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube and Vimeo
● Respond to information queries from the news media and general public
● Secure coverage in high-profile news outlets by executing public relations strategies, campaigns and initiatives to improve brand awareness and public perception of the company
● Research relevant award programs, speaking opportunities and other creative concepts to build Alignment Healthcare’s awareness among relevant constituents
● Seek out and maintain effective working relationships with local and municipal officials and media representatives
● Supervise regional spokesperson media interviews, press tours and briefings as needed
● Plan and coordinate special events and activities to support community, government and media relations
● Other duties as assigned
No direct supervision of staff. May oversee third-party vendors and/or student workers as appropriate.
1. Minimum Experience:
a. Two to three years of working experience in public relations and/or marketing within an agency or large regional organization encompassing multiple communications disciplines, including digital media, media relations or internal communications
a. Bachelor's degree with focus on public relations, journalism, business communications, marketing or related field
a. Knowledgeable about health plans and health care
b. Excellent written and verbal storytelling skills, with impeccable attention to detail and ability to present clearly, strategically and persuasively
c. Capacity to create clarity and drive decision-making when faced with ambiguity
d. Proficiency with social media management and monitoring systems such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social, Radian 6, etc.
e. Proficiency with web-based content management systems and media monitoring tools such as WordPress, Cision, Meltwater, etc.
1. Fluency in verbal and/or written Spanish language strongly preferred
2. Experience developing, pitching and placing fresh story ideas to key media contacts preferred
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Public Relations Specialist
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.