Associate Regional Medical Officer -Modesto
Location: Modesto, California US
Job Number: 1400
Position Title: Associate Regional Medical Officer
The Associate Regional Medical Officer is responsible for the clinical operations and clinical financial outcomes for Care as a Service (Caas) offering. He or she will do this by maintaining and further improving Alignment’s clinical model. The Associate Regional Medical Officer will partner with the Regional Director and together they will lead the start-up and champion the growth of this offering.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Provide strategic and operational direction for the delivery of performance based medical management.
- Manage budget and risk drivers.
- Analyze and report business performance data to customers, senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Participate in the management of all the clinical divisions within the region.
- Engage in the analysis of local profit and loss performance.
- Work seamlessly and effectively with the non-clinical departments within the organization.
- Develop and maintain strong provider relationships.
- Maintain a customer-driven passion for excellence and commitment to innovation and implementation of ideas that improve the healthcare of the patient population.
- Execute and implement timely and high-quality decisions.
- Will also be responsible for any and all clinical duties performed by Extensivists including but not limited to:
- Manage patients in the hospitals
- Manage patients in the Care Center. All patients discharged from the hospital are seen by the hospitalists in the clinic until they are stabilized.
- Manage the ‘skilled’ patients in the SNFs. These patients are seen once a week until they remain skilled, which is normally from 1 to 2 weeks.
- Across all settings of care, create a comprehensive and coordinated plan of care which takes into account information from medical records, the patient and their families, primary care physicians, and specialists as necessary.
Oversees clinical staff for the region which include Physicians and all clinical personnel. Responsibilities include: providing input on recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Minimum Experience:
- 5+ Years of experience as a Hospitalist or Internist
- 1-3 Years of administrative experience
- 1-3 Years of managed care experience preferred
- Basic understanding of the UM/QM process
- Doctorate. (M.D./D.O.)
- Completion of residency program in the United States
- Board Certification required
- Internal Medicine trained
- Medical license in the state which you will be practicing
- Substantial knowledge across medical subspecialties
- Clinical confidence and friendly “bedside manner”
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Strong communication skills
- Proven background in financial and clinical data analysis
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Modesto
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Regional Medical Officer -Modesto
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.