Location: Montebello, California US
Job Number: 1374
Position Title: Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant is responsible for completing all of medical assistant duties with a high demonstrated competency in addition to managing patient flow on the floor. Additional duties such as special projects, reports, administrative or compliance tasks may be assigned as needed.
Medical Assistant Duties
- Complete all basic patient intake with demonstrated competency including but not limited to:
- Vitals (height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, respiration, temps, etc)
- Vaccine Administration
- Medical History/medication collection including Jump Start Application and EMR
- Other machines / systems trained on by supervisor and within Medical Assistant Scope
- Complete all patient check in functions including eligibility verification, appointment scheduling, confirmation, arrival of member within the EMR system and checkout.
- Complete HEDIS and all other clinical alerts tasked to a medical assistant role per protocols including management of home monitoring systems if applicable
- Deliver on excellent customer service for every member including assisting with care coordination needs such referrals, enrollments in chronic disease management programs, etc.
- Facilitate member concerns, complaints or coordination needs regarding services at Alignment clinics, primary physician’s offices, any network provider or with health plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferably in a physician office including working knowledge of managed care. Experience working with internal medicine offices highly preferred.
- Knowledge in Medicare and Medicaid benefits and resources preferred
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Medical Assistant Certification is required. LVN/LPN or other higher nursing certifications accepted as well.
- Current Driver’s License
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required.
- Other: Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee will be required to travel to other clinic locations away from his/her home locations and/or patient homes;
Location City: Montebello
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Medical Assistant
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.