Marketing Communications Specialist
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1341
Position Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Alignment Healthcare is seeking a full-time Marketing Communications Specialist to join its marketing team. Reporting to Director, Marketing Strategy & Public Relations in Orange, CA, the Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for developing various external marketing communications – including those aimed at member/patient, broker and provider audiences – to promote a positive public perception of Alignment Healthcare and its affiliated brands.
The Marketing Communications Specialist is someone who can communicate clearly with various audiences across different media and manage multiple projects effectively under deadline. The incumbent will serve as a writer and editor for assigned marketing and communication projects and be responsible for implementing communication plans and for external content management of assigned areas. The Marketing Communications Specialist will be a team player, working closely with Alignment’s clinical, sales and member services teams. Marketing communications and/or health care experience are strongly preferred. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are a must.
If you are invited to participate in the interview process, a portfolio will be requested/required, and should include links to examples of some of the following: developing and designing collateral pieces, copywriting and editing of newsletters and other printed material, and scripting for short-form video projects.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Create and manage content across appropriate communication media. Lead the implementation of targeted communication plans for assigned areas and projects.
- Generate content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable understanding and action to meet the objectives.
- Develop, write, edit and/or approve relevant content for all traditional and digital outlets.
Leverage content across communication media. Actively seek and recommend multiple uses for content. Make appropriate references and connections for cross promotion.
- Work with internal and external resources to facilitate development of communication media including website developers, graphic designers and print companies
- Follow Associated Press (AP) as well as organization style guide in composing all written pieces. Adhere to organization brand guidelines for all developed communications. Ensure accurate, timely and efficient delivery of materials. Serve as editor for materials produced within marketing or other key areas.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with assigned stakeholders in support of the strategic plan goals. Regularly meet with internal clients to understand external communication needs, develop solutions and provide feedback.
- Advise and recommend to internal clients the appropriate external communication vehicles and methods for maximum reach.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to educate, inform and support brand standards, brand voice and style guide. Supports the development and adoption of our brand templates and standards across all business units.
No direct supervision of staff. May oversee third-party vendors and/or student workers as appropriate.
- Two to three years of working experience in journalism, public relations and/or marketing within an agency or large regional organization encompassing multiple communications disciplines, including digital media, print media, marketing collateral
- Demonstrated success defining and launching meaningful and lasting messaging to achieve sales, brand awareness and net promoter score results
- Bachelor's degree with focus on public relations, journalism, business communications, marketing or related field
- Knowledgeable about health plans and health care
- Excellent written and verbal storytelling skills, with impeccable attention to detail and ability to present clearly, strategically and persuasively, project management skills
- Capacity to create clarity and drive decision-making when faced with ambiguity
- Ability to create strong, strategic business relationships across a multi-state organization.
- Direct experience in external communications, public relations, consumer marketing and/or brand development and execution
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Fluency in written/spoken Spanish
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.