Pharmacy Technician (Temporary)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1329
Position Title: Pharmacy Technician
To perform various clinical pharmacy functions under the direct supervision of the VP of Pharmacy and the Pharmacy Manager. The Pharmacy Technician shall perform assigned department administrative functions that do not require the Pharmacy Managers judgment. Responsible for the administrative and clerical support directly involved with the day to day operations of the multiple programs performed by the department. The Pharmacy Technician reports to the Pharmacy Manager and is responsible for performing assigned tasks to meet AHP HMO and Pharmacy Department goals.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Assist with the daily operations of the various Pharmacy Department programs, multiple projects and participate in Plan and regulatory agency audits as necessary.
- Ability to make high volume of outbound calls to members, prescribers and pharmacies in regards to the Adherence program.
- Assist members in refilling their medications, and reaching out to the prescriber’s office if a member requires additional refills on their maintenance medications.
- Ability to draft routine reports and correspondence.
- Supports all CMS required oversight processes of PBM including but not limited to: Rebates, Explanation of Benefit reports, Transition Reports, and Part B vs Part D.
- Responds to inquiries from physicians, members, and pharmacies related to formulary and prescription benefits.
- Retrieval of accurate, concise, applicable and timely drug information.
- Interact with Plan's contracted PBM to ensure communications and information to other internal Plan departments as applicable.
- Interact with Plan’s contracted PBM in regards to Prior Authorizations, Overrides and in resolving issues pertaining to member’s medications.
- Ability to make outbound calls to pharmacies and prescribers to resolve prescription issues such as medication requires Prior Authorization, assist retail/mail order pharmacies in resolving third party rejections, and reviewing daily rejections while ensuring we are CMS compliant.
- Interaction with internal plan departments to address pharmacy related issues.
- Work closely with compliance department to make sure Pharmacy Programs meet the criteria established by CMS.
- Ensure all HMO’s members information is kept confidential according to HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word) and related/integrated systems.
- Knowledge of Medicare/Managed Care Plans and/or PBM preferred.
- Education/Licensure:Pharmacy Technician license and or certification
- Bilingual - English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese must be able to read, write, & speak fluently strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal & phone communication (customer service) skills.
- Knowledge of pharmacy and medical nomenclature/terminology, common medication dosages, trade & generics and medication therapy application.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to maintain accurate records collect & maintain data for statistical reporting.
- Ability to multi-task with minimal direction &
- Ability to reason, logical thinking & carry out instructions.
- 2-3 years related experience with minimum one year of experience in generating specific healthcare pharmacy reports and analysis.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Pharmacy Technician (Temporary)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.