Broker Support Representative (AHC Temp)
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1224
Position Title: Broker Support Representative
The main objective of the BSR is to assist in the servicing of the Broker Department by answering questions via phone or e-mail, researching and resolving Agent issues as it relates to member services, benefits, commission payments, application status, and communications in general. The BSR shall also provide seasonal support to the Membership Unit during downtime of essential duties. The BSR will be responsible for tracking webinar attendees, and grade exams while updating Salesforce.com with updated status. The BSR will also assist Agent contracting with reconciliation of Agents status of Ready to sell based on submitted forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answers incoming broker support queue phone calls generated by Agent efforts during the hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. These hours shall be defined as “Normal Business Hours”.
- The Broker Support Representative is responsible for ensuring that the Broker Support Queue meets all defined service levels and that appropriate coverage is made during break or meal periods. This position ensures that all calls are coded or “wrapped up” correctly and that proper reports are generated to ensure service levels. Codes include the following: RX issues, general benefits, application issues, payment commission issues, packet orders, trainings and tests, verification of Part A and B, verification of Medi-cal, network lookup and provider issues.
- Prompt e-mail of phone follow-up as needed with established brokers to ensure satisfaction, respond to queries, solicit further sales (referrals), and solve or refer problems to appropriate internal AHP departments or external partners like Florida Blue and Humana in North Carolina.
- Identify nature of broker call and refer to the appropriate department for resolution if out of basic scope of knowledge as listed above. Works to resolve situations with Member Services Department and Eligibility to triage broker issues as they relate to member.
- Log calls into Salesforce.com with Date of call, Caller name, nature of the issue, and resolution status.
- Monthly verification of Agent licensure on the DOI website to ensure that each broker that is active. Notates this in the broker file.
- Makes outbound calls to Brokers as necessary for reservations, confirmations and communication regarding events as well as any other information.
- Schedule ride-along evaluations on an as needed basis with Agents and internal sales representatives.
- Coordinates the venue for FMO meeting, training and events. Maintains the attendance RSVP list of all active brokers who attend training meetings.
- Creates and maintains all Sub-Agent files and Correct Certification and Re-Certification exams. Ride Along evaluations, exams and current Life licensure must be filed for each broker that participates in Salesforce.com
- Updates monthly Broker Program reports
Physician and Broker Flyers
- Verify that request for physician flyer has been approved and that signature is on form.
- Ensures that each flyer is completed according to the internal Marketing process.
- During Annual Election Period (AEP) as well as during downtime, the aforementioned broker based responsibilities will be primary with data entry as secondary.
- Additionally, BSR is to act as a liaison to the Sales Representatives. Ensure all new enrollments and disenrollments are processed accurately. Provide any issues identified to the necessary internal department heads.
- Backup to the Regional Sales Manager to conduct live and webinar based product trainings. Responsible for grading and logging completion of all trainings including those conducted by RSM.
Classification and Supervisory Responsibilities
This is an hourly (non-exempt) position and it has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least two years of related experience and/or training.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: California Driver’s License and insurance
- Other Qualifications:
- Two years of customer service/telemarketing experience.
- Sales or related experience, preferably in the Medi-Cal, Commercial, or Medicare Managed Care industry.
- Knowledge of Medi-Cal, Commercial, and Medicare Managed Care Plans.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills (MS Office, internet) and good writing skills to correspond
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate, typing 40+ words per minute.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; stand; reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Broker Support Representative (AHC Temp)
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.