Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1222
Position Title: Compliance Coordinator
The Compliance Coordinator is a part of the Compliance Department staff and reports to the Compliance Director. The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Compliance Department with internal policies, applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations as well as communicating with inquiries from the public, FDRs, and all business units within the company.
General Duties/Responsibilities: (May include but not limited to)
- Send out clear written communication to executives and FDRs to relay federal, state, and health plan requirements.
- Maintain accurate and current records of required documentation in support of the Compliance program requirements.
- Fosters open lines of communication and informs the Compliance Director of any issues or concerns relating to compliance activities and procedures.
- Coordinates and completes compliance program projects as assigned by the Compliance Director.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Enhances compliance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining tracking and reporting tools to assess compliance with applicable regulations and Alignment Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Assists other departments to understand and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Minimum Experience:
- Previous experience with compliance and/or auditing
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to be flexible in a high-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to think independently and come up with solutions.
- Must exercise discretion in dealing with highly confidential matters.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Coordinator
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.