Chief Software Architect
Location: Portland, Oregon US
Job Number: 1198
Position Title: Chief Software Architect
Chief Software Architects provides technical leadership at Alignment. They help establish technical standards and drive our overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies. They work on our hardest problems, building high quality, architecturally sound and durable systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think long term when building systems, ensuring we build high performing, reliable, and scalable systems, that fit well together. Software Architects are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and operator. You should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and/or engineering projects and initiatives. You will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. While constantly striving for simplicity, you must demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment. Travel up to 25% to corporate office in Orange, CA.
Chief Software Architect Responsibilities:
- Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of healthcare systems and services on public cloud infrastructure.
- Guide engineers to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services.
- Participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many architecture training sessions, workshops, and bootcamps.
- Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
- Assist in the career development of technical colleagues, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Serve as a technical lead on demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Leverage knowledge of internal, and industry prior art, in design decisions.
- Research and benchmark technology against other competing systems in the industry.
- Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to translate program requirements into technical solutions and system designs
- Proven track record of Architecture, Development and delivery of enterprise level, highly available and high-quality software systems and software products
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in building complex distributed systems in regulated industries like Healthcare.
- Experience in architecting and developing complex, scalable Software applications using the Microsoft technology stack, including C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server
- Experience leading complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
- Experience leading software development life cycle process and best practices
- Experience with agile software development.
- Expertise in object-oriented design and development.
- Expertise with software design patterns and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience with security and privacy standards; e.g. HIPAA, HITRUST is a plus
- Travel to US Home Office required 25% of time. Various unanticipated locations as required
- Healthcare domain software design and development experience
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in CS or Engineering. Foreign Degree Equivalency accepted. 10+ years of Software Development/Software Engineering experience required.
Location of Job: Portland Oregon/FT 40 hours per week
Please send resume to:
Alignment Healthcare USA LLC
1100 Town & Country Road, Suite 1600
Orange, CA 92868
Location City: Portland
Location State: Oregon
Community / Marketing Title: Chief Software Architect
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.