Data Operations Engineer
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1196
Position Title: EDI Developer
The Data Operations Engineer is responsible for developing and supporting Alignment Healthcare’s BizTalk Application for EDI project portfolio and trading partner relationships. This role requires a very good understanding of Microsofts BizTalk application suite for implementing EDI transactions in HealthCare Domain. This position is also accountable for areas such as trading partner/clearinghouse set up, EDI edits and capturing analytics for the same.
The role will also be required to leverage additional BizTalk application capabilities such as Messaging, Orchestration for future software development projects.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Understands EDI transactions for claims, membership, real time services for various business lines.
- Interprets high level EDI functional requirements and helps create a technical specification document for review by software architecture leads.
- Manages/configures service level performance for trading partners to the corresponding trading partner agreement.
- Supports trading partner management that includes onboarding, continued support and sunset transition.
- Helps provide overall strategy for new electronic transaction formats using BizTalk.
- Prepares EDI/BizTalk metric dashboards and EDI status reports for Monthly Operation Review meetings.
- Manages the health of BizTalk Server and fine tunes applications for optimal performance using best in class BizTalk practices.
- Other projects as assigned.
- This position requires a background in health care with extensive hands-on an EDI experience with Microsoft’s BizTalk application.
- Additional technical experience with EDI tool/mapping transaction technologies with specific experience with EZCAP / BizTalk platforms.
- Applicant must be familiar with HIPAA 5010 Transaction sets (834, 835, 837, 820, 270, 271, 276, 277, and 278) as well as Clinical HL7 (ADT, CCD, CDA, etc.) transaction sets.
- The application must be results and people oriented with ability to balance business considerations.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience. Minimum 3-5 years direct experience in developing applications using BizTalk EDI in healthcare setting.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: BizTalk Certifications: Preferred but not required.
- Vendor management and/or clearing house relationship management.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Data Operations Engineer
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact email@example.com.