Director of Operational Improvement
Location: Portland, Oregon US
Job Number: 1190
Position Title: Director of Operational Improvement
The Director of Operational Improvement is accountable for the development and implementation of programs, process and technology to deliver operational efficiency, market growth and profitability. In this role the Director of Operational Improvement is responsible for ensuring execution of programs meet or exceed required milestones, stay on time and on budget and have the appropriate metrics once implemented. This role also is accountable for developing and executing tactical plans for process and systems implementations as well as ongoing maintenance of those processes and systems and development and documentation of cross-functional operational procedures. In this role the Director of Operational Improvement will partner cross-functionally with all departments in the company to improve intra/interdepartmental efficiencies and ensure issue-free program implementations.
- Establish strategic vision with senior management for cross-functional operational excellence in alignment with Alignment HealthCare business planning process.
- Establishes and maintains department vision, plan and implementation practices to support the Company’s quality, production and financial goals.
- Drive operational excellence into all processes, procedures and member interactions
- Define, measure, and control service level standards including operational processes and system requirements.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop/implement training programs to ensure staff learn and demonstrates competence.
- Create and implement an audit/oversight program that focuses on continuous quality improvement.
- Establishes a positive working environment that promotes staff retention, satisfaction, development, and results in provider/customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a cross-functional leader in customer service and operations instill quality commitment value in the Operational Excellence unit.
- Manages department budget including staffing projections and expenditures
- Develop Return on Investment analysis for program implementations
- Lead selection standards and process for insuring quality selection and retention of department employees.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Oversees assigned staff. Responsibilities include responsibility for employee life cycle and performance management: recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Minimum Experience:
- Experience with the latest healthcare plan tools and technologies as well as an understanding of emerging claims, membership and customer service solutions.
- Demonstrated track record of generating results and having an impact on organizations.
- Demonstrated forward thinking in areas of technology support, project management and leadership.
- Previous experience in establishing and implementing training programs and motivating and retaining employees in a high intensity startup environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; background in insurance or managed care preferably in a project management or quality improvement department.
- Ability to work with Senior Management in creating cross-functional strategic plan for the Operational Excellence Department
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to translate and transfer knowledge to the department.
- Ability to create and implement actionable plans through use of data analysis
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop teams.
- Innovative in problem solving, planning and strategizing.
- Articulate & persuasive in presenting business-case for change-management, where required.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Portland
Location State: Oregon
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Operational Improvement
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.