Appeals & Grievance Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1185
Position Title: Appeals and Grievance Quality Assurance Specialist
Responsible for the data validation of Appeals and Grievance data and reporting accuracy. Ensures compliance with all ODAG, CDAG, and technical reporting requirements with the Centers of Medicare and Medicaid and other regulatory requirements as appropriate.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Validates integrity and accuracy of data outputs for all Appeals and Grievance reporting.
2. Prepare and disseminate internal management oversight reports accurately and within required time frames.
3. Work with Compliance and I.T as appropriate, to define parameters for a variety of recurring Grievance and Appeal reports.
4. Develop and automate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports based on parameters/reporting requirements for all markets are appropriate.
5. Implement modifications based on changing business needs or regulatory changes.
6. Manipulate and analyze data from multiple sources to produce end product.
7. Submit all reports in a timely manner.
8. Prepare reports for presentation at various committees (e.g. Medical Services Committee, Executive Board Meetings, Compliance Committee, etc.,).
9. Recognize and identifies possible training issues and error trends and reports findings accordingly to department management.
10. Recognize potential system issues and process improvements relating to grievance/appeal data.
11. Will serve as primary or proxy for any mock audits, and participate in CMS audit sessions.
12. Will provide A&G Coordinator monthly quality performance reports to management.
13. Responsible for ensuring HIPAA compliance to ensure Protection of Health Information.
14. Foster good corporate relations by practicing good customer service principles (i.e., positive attitude, helpful, etc.).
15. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred; or minimum two years related experience.
2. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
3. Other Qualifications:
a. Previous experience in Quality Assurance, training and/or supervisory role.
b. Previous HMO call center experience.
c. Knowledge of Medicare preferred.
Skills and Abilities
1. Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as CMS reporting requirements and guidelines. Excellent verbal and communication skills, ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
2. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
3. Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
4. Computer Skills: Experience with MS Access, MS Excel and related systems/applications
5. Other Skills and Abilities:
a. Strong attention to detail, analytical
b. Ability to work under pressure and deliver
c. Ability to work independently
d. Excellent organization skills, multi-tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
2. The employee is frequently required to walk; stand; reach with hands and arms.
3. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
4. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Appeals & Grievance Quality Assurance Specialist
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.