Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1167
Position Title: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager is responsible for accounting and reporting functions of this healthcare services organization. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and requires the employee to be a leading team member of the department. This employee ensures that the accounting work is performed in a timely and efficient manner; financial reporting is accurate and complete using consistent methodologies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and state specific Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), as applicable; required filings are made accurately and within prescribed deadlines; and other management reporting is complete and delivered on time.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Monthly financial close for the Corporate entity, California and Florida subsidiaries
- Oversight of senior accountant who shares in the work.
- Preparation of original work (hands-on role)
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Preparation of monthly close package for executive management
- Financial analysis and trend identification
- Budget/Forecast to Actual results variance analysis
- Account reconciliations
- Regulatory financial reporting to DMHC (CA) and OIR (FL) and DOI, if required
- Accounting Department liaison with other departments
- System implementations, including but not limited to general ledger implementation improvements
- General Ledger report design and maintenance, in conjunction with the Director of Accounting
- Monthly Allocations
- Lease accounting and documentation
- Process improvement and redesign
- Special projects as assigned.
Supervises one senior accountant. Will work in a team format and provide guidance to the team’s accounts payable, fixed assets, and banking teams as needed.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum (8) years of progressive accounting experience related to the areas described above in General Responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA license required (active or inactive status)
- Intermediate to Advanced profiency in Excel.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Advanced proficiency in general ledger accounting using systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Lawson Infor, Peoplesoft, Oracle, or SAP.
- Advanced proficiency in using a report writer/reporting tool, including demonstrated ability in report writing.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Deadline and results oriented.
- Works well in a team environment.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting Manager
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.