Director, Data Science
Location: Orange, California US
Job Number: 1139
Position Title: Director, Data Science
Alignment Healthcare is a data and technology driven healthcare company focused partnering with health systems, health plans and provider groups to provide care delivery that is preventive, convenient, coordinated, and that results in improved clinical outcomes for seniors.
We are experiencing rapid growth (backed by top private equity firms), and we are looking for the best and brightest leaders. Data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the best clinical outcome and care experience.
Alignment is seeking a highly qualified senior executive with a track record of creating competitive value by leveraging insights from data science and artificial intelligence to improve business processes. The position will be charged with creating a reputation for Alignment as an industry leader in leveraging data as an asset and a means to make members healthier, provide cost savings and engage more closely with its providers, members, brokers, customers, and partners. As a member of the senior management team, the Director/VP, Data Science will be the primary source of leading analytics innovation efforts in conjunction with business growth. S/he will have operational and business ownership for data warehousing, data governance, and data quality. They will also have responsibility for developing analytics-based solutions and generating measurable economic benefits from data. This person will also implement data science programs which differentiate Alignment from the competition and create top line growth. S/he must have a deep understanding of product design and data science fundamentals, while confidently interacting with executive stakeholders and board members. This individual must be able to scale Artificial Intelligence at the enterprise level and help Alignment monetize data.
- Lead the overall data and artificial intelligence strategy and execution.
- Daily interaction with the executive management team to articulate the value of data; apply and communicate value measurement in new technologies.
- Command ownership of data warehousing, data governance, data quality, product development and implementation across the company.
- Evolve the analytics capabilities such as informatics, business intelligence and reporting by managing a continuously improving roadmap to ensure the priority of data capabilities is effectively integrated into business planning.
- Manage and execute the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical and machine learning models.
- Perform natural language processing, computer vision semi-structured and unstructured data to solve complex business problems; identify areas of business value through the monetization of data.
- Build and implement a world-class organization based on Advanced Analytics, Data Science, and Artificial Intelligence research and development.
- Rapidly bringing data science proof of concept to production. Manage large-scale analytical projects around data exploration, modeling, performance evaluation and testing.
- Capable of interfacing and being viewed as a business executive in addition to a data scientist.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a broad range of sectors to identify business use cases and develop solutions in driving impact through data science and analytics.
- Deep technical experience analyzing and modeling structured, semi-structured and unstructured data using machine learning / predictive modeling.
- Deep experience in data warehousing, data pipeline, data architecture, data quality processes, data warehousing design and implementation.
- Proven experience in developing analytics strategy and roadmap and delivering commercial value through data monetization
- Proven experience in identifying resources, negotiating contracts, license optimization and managing vendors
- Ability to introduce emerging technologies and develop analytics-based products, while maintaining cost awareness and commercial strategy
- Expert knowledge of analytical platforms and tools used to build Machine Learning models and intelligence capabilities
- Capable of interfacing and building credibility with stakeholders; serve as the executive expert in data science.
- 10+ years professional work experience as a data scientist or on advanced analytics / statistics projects – Healthcare experience a strong plus
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, or other closely related field.
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Data Science
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage: