Director of Accounting and Reporting
Job Number: 1061
Position Title: Director, Accounting and Reporting
The Director of Accounting and Reporting is responsible for all internal and regulatory accounting and reporting functions of this healthcare services organization. This position reports to the Chief Accounting Officer and must be a strong leader for his/her team. This team leader ensures that the accounting work is performed in a timely and efficient manner; financial reporting is accurate and complete using consistent methodologies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and state specific Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP), as applicable; required filings are made accurately and within prescribed deadlines; and other management reporting is complete and delivered on time.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Monthly financial close
- Preparation of financial statements and footnotes
- Financial analysis and trend identification
- Budget/Forecast to Actual results variance analysis
- Account Reconciliations
- Regulatory financial reporting (DMHC, OIR and DOI)
- Accounting Department liaison with other departments
- Board material preparation, as required
- Internal controls implementation
- Oversight of accounts payable, treasury, fixed asset and accounting personnel
- Oversight of 1099 filing
- Filing of state sales and use tax
- System implementations, including but not limited to general ledger implementation
- Special projects as assigned.
Oversees assigned staff. Responsibilities include: recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; assigning workload; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; and coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
- Minimum Experience:
- Eight (8) years of progressive accounting experience related to the areas described above in General Responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- CPA license required (active or inactive status)
- Intermediate to Advanced profiency in Excel (including pivot tables, etc).
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Advanced proficiency in general ledger accounting using systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, Lawson Infor, Peoplesoft, Oracle, or SAP.
- Advanced proficiency in using a report writer/reporting tool, including demonstrated ability in report writing.
- Innate curiosity; seeks to understand and problem solve by using innovative ideas.
- Ability to identify and implement efficiencies in routine processes.
- Demonstrated experience in working well with a team and being a great coach for team members.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Location City: Orange
Location State: California
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Accounting and Reporting
Who is Alignment Healthcare?
- Socially responsible
- Technologically enabled
- Concierge care
- Servant leadership
We are dedicated to transforming the complex and confusing process of medical treatment in the United States so that every link in the health care continuum becomes more efficient, productive, and effective. We built a team of people who want to make a difference. Come join the team that is changing health care one person at a time.
We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We invite you to explore our wide variety of roles based on your unique experience.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Alignment Healthcare, LLC is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disable/Protected Veteran.
If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.